Avocado toast will be transformed by a sprinking of Dulse seaweed or other flakes such as power of three flakes, sea lettuce or Nori. Dulse is particularly good because of it's 'vegan bacony' flavour. Delicious and nutritious - the best start to the day or as a snack. Use gluten free bread for a gluten free option.
- 4 pieces of multigrain bread, sliced thick
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Spirulina powder (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Citrus Seaweed & Sesame Seasoning or Seaweed Flakes
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper + a pinch of kelp powder
- 1 lemon, squeezed (or lime juice)
- pinch of chili powder or cayenne (optional)
- grated fresh ginger
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin into a bowl. Mash with a fork to desired smoothness, adding the other ingredients.
- Toast your bread to perfection, then spread the avocado spread on top of each slice.
- Sprinkle extra seaweed if desired.