Prep time overnight soaking, 20 minutes prep after that.
Recipe by Amanda Maguire
IngredientsFor Plain Milk
- ½ cup raw brazil nuts
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw, hulled hemp seeds
- 8 cups filtered water
- ½ cup prepared Irish moss gel
- pinch of kelp sea salt
- 4 cups prepared plain nut milk
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 5-6 pitted medjool dates, soaked for 1 hour & drained
- Add nuts and seeds to a medium container and fill it with water. Cover and allow it to soak for 4-6 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Once soaked, strain out the water and rinse the nuts.
- Add the soaked nuts, hemp seeds, and 5 cups of filtered water to your blender. Blend on high-speed for 1 minute.
- Line a large pitcher or storage container with a nut milk bag (or use a fine sieve) and pour the milk through the strainer. Squeeze and press the pulp to remove as much of the liquid as possible (this will take a couple of minutes). You can discard the pulp, save it for baking, or dehydrate it and then grind it into flour for later.
- Transfer the nut milk back to your blender and add in the Irish moss gel and kelp salt. Blend on high for 15 or so seconds until smooth, then pour into your pitcher or storage container and stir in the remaining 3 cups of filtered water.
- To make the chocolate milk, pour 4 cups of the prepared plain nut milk back into your blender. Add to it the raw cacao powder and dates, and blend on high-speed for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve chilled, or warm over the stove for hot chocolate!