This delicate Sea Chicory salad is fresh and crunchy, a delicious starter. Seaweeds & sprouts combined make it visually striking as well as nutritious.
Prep time 20 mins
- 1-2g dried Sea Chicory (a tbsp dry is enough for 2 servings)
- 2 tbsp bean sprouts
- 1 good handful sprouted seeds
- Cucumber(5 cm) cut fine match sticks
- 1 Spring onion, cut fine
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tsp Grated ginger
- ½ tsp Sesame oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- Kelp Salt & pepper to taste
- Re-hydrate the Sea Chicory in cold water for 3-5 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the seaweed, cucumber (if using) and sprouts until evenly combined. The proportions in the mixture should be roughly 1/3 seaweed and 2/3 other vegetables.
- Make the dressing by blending the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dressing & combine when ready to eat.
- Enjoy right away !
- The dressing draws the agar (jelly) out of the seaweed when left to stand, making it slippery. To avoid this, add the dressing just before serving and consume immediately.