A simple and very quick Asian seaweed salad with wakame which you can make at home. Great flavours and colour as a result of the dressing.
Prep time 15 -20 minutes
- 15g dried wakame fronds
- 2 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce or finely chopped chilli peppers
- Soak the wakame in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain well by squeezing and chop fine. Transfer to a serving plate.
- In a bowl mix together the liquid ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the seaweed and combine.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: It's best is to mix in the dressing close to serving time because the vinegar will eventually discolour the seaweed.