This baked Goats Cheese recipe with Dulse is creamy and smoky. Dulse and goats cheese are the perfect combination and dulse, a red seaweed lifts the nutritional profile of this snack significantly.
Prep time 30 minutes, cooking time 40 minutes
- 225g of fresh goat cheese
- 250ml gourmet oil
- fresh herbs: thyme, rosemary etc.
- 1 day old baguette bread
- 2 tbsp flaked Dulse
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade
- Slice goat cheese log into discs and marinate in a mixture of oil & fresh herbs, for several hours & up to a week.
- Slice the bread and grill briefly until dry and slightly browned.
- Place a disc of cheese on each slice of bread and sprinkle quite generously with Dulse flakes & pepper.
- Bake on a baking sheet for about 6 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve on a bed of mesclun lettuce with lemon/lime wedges.