Prep time 40 minutes
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 head of garlic
- olive oil to roast the squash
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Kelp seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small tin of coconut cream
- Smoked Dulse flakes (1/3 tsp per person or to taste)
- black sesame seeds to garnish
- chopped parsley & chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200 C.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, sprinkle with oil and bake in the oven with the garlic for 30 minutes or until golden & tender.
- Cool for a few minutes so it can be handled. Spoon the golden flesh out & squeeze the cooked garlic cloves out of their skin and transfer into a food processor.
- Add some of the stock, the kelp and puree until smooth. Adjust the thickness of the soup to your liking by adding more stock and check seasoning.
- To assemble, ladle the soup into warm bowls.
- Drizzle with coconut cream and garnish with Smoked Dulse flakes, black sesame seeds, macadamia nuts (if using) and parsley.