An easy focaccia recipe with dulse added brings new flavour and depth and umami flavour to this recipe.
Prep time 1.5hrs, cooking time 30mins
- 2 tbsp Dulse flakes
- 375g plain white flour
- 1 tbsp of dried active yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200ml warm water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- In a small frying pan place 4 tbsp of oil, finely diced garlic, rosemary and thyme and cook until garlic starts to fizz then place off heat
- Activate your dry yeast by placing it in a bowl of warm water for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar then let it sit for a further 10 minutes waiting to see it start to bubble.
- In a bowl mix the flour, dulse, salt.
- Make a well in the centre of your flour mixture, pouring in 3 tbsp oil and the yeast mixture. Mix well so dough forms.
- Knead dough for 10 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic. Add more flour if it is too wet.
- Place dough in an oiled, 25cm cake tin. Cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Prod deep dimples in dough surface, drizzle garlic oil and cover again and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 200c for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown.