This garlic bruschetta recipe will delight garlic bread fans. The added benefit from using garlic kelp is additional nutrient and wonderful umami flavour. Use this butter in steamed vegetables or as a garnish on fish & seafood. Kelp seasonings are a positive alternative to salt because they taste salty, yet have less sodium and more of the other minerals & trace elements we need.
Prep time 20 mins, cooking time 15 mins
- 150g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp Garlic kelp
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chilli (optional)
- Bruschetta or french stick
- Mix all the ingredients together and transfer to a ramekin dish or make into a log.
- Wrap in paper and refrigerate until needed. Spread on bread
- Garnish with some of the onion, Italian herbs, black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Grill in the top part of the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm for extra flavour.
Other butter mixtures can be made using different flavour kelp seasoning or different herbs. Try unsalted butter mixed with Chilli Kelp, finely cut preserved lemon and minced fresh thyme or unsalted butter with Lemon Kelp, Sea Lettuce Flakes and finely chopped lemon grass. Develop your own creative mixtures and share them with us!