Our Irish Moss cough remedy is a natural cough syrup you can make at home with herbs and kitchen ingredients.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp boneset (try comfrey as an alternative)
- 1 tbsp licorice root
- 2 tbsp Irish Moss (also known as Sea moss)
- 6 drops essential oil (lavender, sage, mint, marjorum or hyssop)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Bring the water to boil, then add the boneset and licorice. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and return it to the pot.
- Add Irish moss, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a jar and discard the herbs.
- In a small dish, mix the essential oil into the honey and add to the tea along with the lemon juice.
- Take 1 tbsp as needed.