This Nori Pesto recipe is absolutely delicious as a spread or garnish with a variety of foods. Serve on a snack platter for a nutritious and moreish pesto with corn chips.
Prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 10 mins
2 tbsp each of Nori flakes
3 shallots, minced
Zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup macadamia oil
1/2 cup light olive oil
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp finely chopped macadamia nuts
2 tbsp small capers, crushed
Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine Nori flakes, finely chopped shallot and olive oil in a skillet.
- Gently warm the mixture over very low heat, stirring for 5 minutes or more to infuse the flavours.
- Remove from heat and stir in capers, black pepper, zest, vinegar and nuts.
- Gradually incorporate the Macadamia oil.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Nori Pesto can be made quite chunky and used as a garnish or dressing on vegetables or, it’s also delicious when ground finer in a food processor) and can be turned into a spread Pair it with tomatoes, roast vegetables, feta cheese or just use as a dip for raw vegetables.