This oyster gratin recipe with nori has a light, umami flavour thanks to the seaweed and a rich texture which will delight all the sensations in your mouth.
Prep time 30 minutes
- 24 oysters
- 100g butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- kelp salt & freshly ground black peppercorns
- Nori flakes, 1 tbsp or to taste
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Warm oven to 200 C.
- Open the oysters reserving half their juice, discarding the rest, and place them in the deepest shell halves. Discard the shallow halves.
- Mix together the butter, onion, parsley lemon juice and the oyster juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture over half the oysters, and sprinkle generously with nori flakes. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and cook in the oven 200 C for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden. Serve at once.