This addition of Sea Lettuce to this potato Leek soup recipe brings a lovely fresh colour, iron rich nutrients as well as a comforting umami flavour. It is a delicate, velvety all-season soup which can be served cold in the summer.
Prep time 10 mins, cooking time 30 mins
- 1 cup finely chopped leek
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup seaweed or vegetable broth
- 2 cups almond milk (soya or coconut milk & cream can also be used)
- 1 tbsp Pacific Harvest Sea Lettuce Flakes
- Kelp Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, gently fry the leek and celery in oil until soft.
- Add potatoes and broth, bring to boil.
- Lower temperature and simmer until potatoes are soft (10 minutes).
- Use a potato masher to partly puree the mixture so there are still some big chunks left.
- Add the almond milk and Sea Lettuce Flakes.
- Stir to combine, adjust seasoning and warm up. Serve warm in soup bowls with crusty bread, toast or crackers.