This quick & easy cabbage soup recipe is loaded with minerals, especially if you use the seaweed stock as well as the furikake garnish.
Prep time 30 mins, cooking time 40 mins
4 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, chopped fine
1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp caraway seeds, roasted (or substitute with cumin)
zest of one lemon
½ savoy cabbage, shredded, outer leaves saved for garnish
1 potato, peeled & chopped in small cubes
½ litre stock (bone broth, vegetable or seaweed stock)
½ litre cream or almond/soya milk
1 tbsp furikake (chili or garlic)
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the leek, caraway/cumin seeds & garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add the potatoes & cabbage and cook 5 minutes more. Add lemon zest & stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Crush vegetables gently using a potato masher; add milk or cream if desired. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with a generous sprinkle of furikake.