This Pineapple Salsa recipe with roasted Dulse has a delightful twist! The dulse adds excellent colour, flavour and a burst of extra nutrients. Serve with corn ships or as a garnish.
Prep time 20 minutes
- 3-4 round slices of fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or macadamia oil)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Juice of a lime
- 1 fresh hot pepper (Habanero if available), minced, including seeds
- 1 tbsp Dulse Flakes
- Adjust seasoning to taste with freshly ground pepper and kelp salt, if needed.
- Roast pineapple slices brushed with oil on both sides until brown (about 8 min). Let cool.
- Dice the pineapple and chop the other ingredients into small pieces.
- Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Keeps well in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Makes about 1 cup.