A simple Asian seaweed salad with Wakame which you can make at home. Its bursting with nutrients and flavours which will satiate and nourish you. The bright green colour comes after dressing is applied.
Prep time 20 minutes
- 15g dried wakame fronds
- 2 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce or finely chopped chilli peppers
- Soak the wakame in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain well by squeezing and chop fine. Transfer to a serving plate.
- In a bowl mix together the liquid ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the seaweed and combine.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
- Goma wakame salad is very easy to make yourself and will taste the same as the one that is available in the stores… only you know exactly what is in it! The ones sold commercially contains suspicious ingredients to add/preserve colour and crunchiness. It will look a bit different as it is made with the fronds (or leaves) of the wakame plant while the one from the store is made with the stipe (or stalk) from the same plant.
- This is a very quick salad to make and it is best is to mix in the dressing close to serving time because the vinegar will eventually discolour the seaweed.