Tim's Sweet Chilli & Bacon prawns are a family favourite ~ select which kelp from our artisan range you most prefer from Chili, Garlic or Lemon. Serve as a starter or part of a main with a crisp salad and rice.
Prep time 10 minutes, marinading time 2 hours, cooking time 10 minutes
- 24 prawns
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 500g bacon
- 1 tsp chilli/garlic or lemon kelp
- Put some toothpicks in some water.
- Cut bacon into strips about 2cm wide and about 9cm long. Wrap the bacon around the prawns using the toothpicks to keep the bacon attached. Put them in a container.
- Pour the chilli sauce and kelp seasoning all over it. Close and shake the container and leave to marinate for an hour or two.
- Place on frying pan or barbeque. Be careful not to overcook. Make sure the heat is high so you are cooking the bacon quickly and not overcooking the prawns.