This vegan Chocolate Panna Cotta Tart Recipe is also gluten free. It features a quinao flaked crust and uses agar, derived from a red seaweed to set the chocolate filling instead of gelatine.
Prep time 30 minutes, 4 hours setting time
Photo and recipe by Mei Yee
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut cream
- 1 cup oat milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp Agar powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease a 20cm tart pan. Set aside. In a food processor, combine quinoa flakes, oat flour, almond meal, cacao nibs, cocoa powder. Then add the coconut oil, and maple syrup and pulse to combined. You should get a moist mixture than can be easily moulded.
- Firmly press into bottom and up the sides of tart tin. Bake for 15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool.
- Combine the cream, milk and sweetener in a saucepan, bring to the boil then add melted chocolate, whisk in the agar powder.
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes until agar is dissolved. Fill the mixture into cooled tart. Let sit in the fridge to set, about 4 hours.
- Garnish tart as desired with fruits and enjoy!