This Wakame Seaweed Salad with Orange & Cucumber is cleansing, refreshing and colourful. Wakame is full of nutrients and minerals and has a soft silky texture.
Photo by Darya Rose
Prep time 20 minutes
2 tbsp dried Wakame fronds
2 navel oranges
1/3 telegraph cucumber
2 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soya sauce or tamari
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Soak the Wakame in tepid water for 5 minutes; drain & squeeze excess water. Chop & transfer to a serving plate.
- Trim the skin of the oranges and cut in thin wedges. Cut the cucumber in paper-thin slices.
- In a bowl mix together the liquid ingredients for the dressing.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad and combine.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds or seaweed seasoning.