Quick to prepare, this light Zucchini & Red Sea Chicory salad is visually delightful and brimming with nutrients.
- 2g Red Sea Chicory
- 1 zucchini
- Juice of half a lemon (depending on taste)
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Dash of maple syrup
- 2 tsp capers
- handfulls of salad
- Fresh herbs (optional)
- Cut zucchini into ribbons. Use a peeler, cutting lengthways to get long, thin ribbons. Alternatively use a mandolin slicer.
- Mix zucchini in a bowl with fresh salad leaves and fresh herbs (optional).
- Rehydrate 2g of Red Sea Chicory in a bowl of cold water for 1 minute. Don’t leave too long otherwise seaweed will get gloopy. Strain the seaweed, and then scatter around the salad. Use strained water on pot plants or in your garden.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together: lemon juice, olive oil, salt, maple syrup & capers. Drizzle over the salad, mix together, and serve!