This ceviche recipe withlemon kelp is a refreshing, South American inspired dish. The citrus juice actually 'cooks' the fish and the kelp adds beautiful flavour and nutrients.
Serves many as an appetizer or 4 as a main course
Prep time 20 minutes, marinating time up to 6 hours
- 500g very fresh fish (monkish, orange roughly, scallops, prawns)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp small capers
- colourful capsicums, finely chopped
- juice of 6 limes (& zest of 1)
- 3 tbsp lime flavoured avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Kelp
- bruised kaffir lime leaf
- a few pink peppercorns
- coriander leaves coarsely chopped
- one small chilli pepper cut very fine
- 200ml coconut cream
- lettuce or banana leaves to serve
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish (optional)
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
- Slice into fine pieces and arrange in a glass bowl.
- Add all ingredients except coconut cream and marinate for 6 hours.
- Drain some of the lime juice and add coconut cream before serving and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on lettuce. Season with Lemon Kelp seasoning and serve with corn chips.