This crumbed mussel recipe withLemon Kelp delivers a sophisticated, delicious starter or snack rich in nutrients and minerals from the ocean.
Prep time 30 minutes
- 12 New Zealand mussels (1/2 shell)
- 250gms Macadamia nuts (crumbled and toasted)*
- 10gms Pacific Harvest Lemon kelp seasoning
- 1 Orange zest (fine) from a single orange
- 6 Chives spears (finely cut)
- 150gms Butter (softened)
- Combine macadamia nuts, Lemon kelp seasoning, orange zest and chives in a bowl and mix well. Add butter and mix to combine. Loosen the mussel meat from the shell for ease of service.
- Top the mussel with the crust, evenly covering the mussel meat.
- Roast the crusted mussels under a hot grill (or bake in a hot oven) until the crust is toasted (careful not to burn!) and the mussel is hot (1-2 minutes).
- Serve hot on a plate or platter.