Nori is very nutritious, containing a large amount of vitamins & minerals, protein and a good amounts of iodine. This is a much healthier version of the processed seaweed snack sheets filling the supermarket aisles.
Prep time 30 mins, cooking time 30 mins
- 2 cups Pacific Harvest Nori fronds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (or almonds) *
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- Warm oil on medium heat and toss nuts and/or seeds until golden.
- Lower the heat to the lowest* setting and add Nori fronds. Toss with a wooden spoon until crunchy and shiny, about 5 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool in the pan. If not eaten straight away, store in an airtight plastic container away from direct light.
- Other nuts or seeds of your choice can be supplemented or added
- Ideally the heat is very low so to preserve natural enzymes & vitamins in Nori. Another way to do this is to use a very low oven (40 C ) or a de-hydrator for several hours.