This gorgonzola cheese recipe with fig panna cotta is a creative twist on an Italian favourite, The agar provides a vegan alternative to gelatine and the texture is creamy and light.
Prep time 30 minutes, cooking time 30 mins
Photo courtesy of delicious.com.au
- 1 1/2 tsp Agar powder
- 250ml pouring cream
- 150ml thickened cream
- 150g creamy gorgonzola cheese, chopped
- 4 figs, quartered (or other fruits)
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Line 4 ramekins with wrapping film.
- Place the creams in a saucepan, sprinkle with the agar and combine with a whisk.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to allow agar to swell.
- Warm on medium heat until boil is reach, then simmer the mixture for 2-3 minutes while stirring, until the consistency changes slightly, indicating that the agar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared moulds, cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the salad, mix the oil & vinegar together, season and toss over the remaining ingredients.
- Pudding may ‘sweat’ when weather is humid. To prevent this, try dissolving 1 tsp of corn starch (corn flour) with the agar into the liquid that you are cooking