This wrapped salmon recipe with kombu leaf is simply perfection. Grilled salmon is wrapped in re-hydrated kombu leaves which impart wonderful nutrients and umami flavour, preserving moisture during cooking.
Prep time 10 minutes, cooking time 10 minutes. Serves 2.
- 2 big pieces Kombu Leaves, rehydrated
- 2 pieces salmon,
- Tamari or Soya sauce
- 1 lemon cut into thin slices
- Handful of fresh herbs (Dill, thyme, tarragon or fennel)
- Kelp Salt or seaweed salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Cover an oven tray with baking paper and place 2 Kombu leaves on the paper.
- Place the salmon pieces on top and drizzle Tamari over the salmon.
- Cover the salmon with thin lemon slices & fresh herbs. Season to taste and wrap each Kombu leaf around the fish diagonally to make a wrap.
- Bake in the over for 10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe can be applied to many different fish fillets