This oven baked salmon recipe with Wild Wakame owes its wonderful flavour to the strong umami of the seaweed & garnish. It also makes it much more nourishing!
Prep time, 20 mins, cooking time 15 minutes
- 2 big pieces Wakame Leaves, rehydrated (or flakes)
- 2 salmon steaks
- Olive oil & knob of butter
- Tamari or Soya sauce
- 1 red onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Kelp Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Cover an oven tray with baking paper and place 2 large Wakame leaves on the paper. Place the salmon steaks on top and drizzle tamari over the salmon. (If you only have Wakame flakes in your pantry, you can still achieve this stunning combination, just sprinkle flakes on top as a garnish with the corriander instead of wrapping the salmon)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter in a pan, add onion & garlic, cooking for 2 minutes, until translucent & fragrant. Add coriander leaves & seasoning and remove from heat as soon as coriander has wilted (1 minute).
- Spoon the mixture over the steaks and wrap in the Wakame leaves.
- Cover with parchment or foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove paper and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
- Transfer the parcels to a serving plate and garnish with lemon wedges.