Miso Soup Recipe with Wakame Seaweed is a comforting and flavourful soup with is easy to make at home. It is simple, nourishing and easy to digest. Use Pacific Harvest's recipe for stock or dashi as a base.
Prep time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup dried Wakame
- 1/4 cup shiro miso (white fermented soybean paste)
- 6 cups Kombu Dashi or Vegan Umami Broth
- 200-250g soft tofu, drained & cubed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onions
- Stir together the miso paste with 1/2 cup of the dashi in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat the remaining dashi in a pot over medium heat until hot.
- Gently stir in the tofu cubes and the dried wakame.
- Simmer for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Add the miso mixture and spring onions, combine and serve immediately.
- Since miso is a fermented paste, it should not be cooked at high temperatures otherwise the good bacteria & enzymes it contains will be destroyed.