Roast pumpkin with furikake seaweed seasoning is always a wonderful addition to a meal - the pumpkin turns golden, the seaweed caramelises on it and it's bursting with nutrition.
Prep time 10 mins, cooking time 40 mins
Half a pumpkin, cut into wedges (4-5cm at the thickest part), seeds scooped out
Pacific Harvest Furikake (chilli or garlic)
- Warm the oven to 200 C and line an oven-proof tray with baking paper.
- With a pastry brush (or your fingers if you prefer), ‘paint’ the pumpkin wedges with enough oil to help the seasoning stick.
- Using a tablespoon, sprinkle the pumpkin pieces with generous lashings of chilli seaweed seasoning
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until pumpkin is soft
- Furikake is also known as Seaweed & Sesame seaweed seasoning. It is a tasty & colourful condiment that will add excellent visual appeal to many dishes including vegetables, beans & pulses, cheese, fish or bread & potatoes. It is an excellent salt alternative for those who wish to lower their sodium intake. It is also an excellent garnish for rice, baked potatoes, savoury baking and soups! It contains all the minerals, vitamins, fatty & amino-acids, fibre, protein, anti-oxidants and compounds found in a broad range of seaweed. Regular intake will supplement and enrich your diet with many elements that are hard to get from other plant based food sources.