This sea lettuce butter recipe has an umami flavour thanks to the sea lettuce. Sea lettuce is an iron rich food and brings of soft and subtle flavour to your butter.
Prep time 20 minutes
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp dried Sea Lettuce Flakes
- juice & zest of one lime
- Or try garlic kelp seasoning instead for a twist on traditional garlic butter
- Leave the butter to come to room temperature then whip it vigorously until light and creamy.
- Add in the Sea Lettuce Flakes and continue to beat gently until incorporated.
- Add lime zest or garlic kelp as you prefer for different flavour alternatives.
- Roll into a log and wrap well in baking paper and plastic film.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Learn more about Sea Lettuce here.