This Wild Rice Salad recipe with Nori added is a full meal, packed with essential nutrients for good health. Nori is also known as karengo in NZ. It adds flavour and wonderful rich colour to the plate.
Prep time 30 mins
½ cup Nori Fronds
100g extra firm tofu
1 spring onions, chopped
½ cup pecans, toasted
bunch coriander leaves, chopped
3 cups cooked wild rice (alternatively, brown or red rice)
- Drain the tofu, pat dry and cube. Cook in an oiled pan over medium high heat until the tofu is firm, golden and bouncy. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients.
- To assemble, first mix together the spring onion, pecans, coriander leaves, crumbled seaweed and the wild rice with a generous amount of dressing. Combine well and add the cooked tofu.
- Toss gently and add more dressing if required.
- Garnish with furikake seasoning for added flavour and nutrients.