This is a super easy ramen recipe to make from the comfort of your own home. The seaweeds bring deeper flavour and dense micro-nutrients to this hearty meal.
Takes 2 minutes to prep and about 20 mins to cook.
- 85g Ramen noodles (fresh are best, but Instant is fine)
- 2 tsp Sesame oil (or 1tsp olive oil + 1tsp sesame oil)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Chili bean paste
- 3 tbs Miso paste
- 4 cups Kombu broth
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 3 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Seaweed salt
- Sprinkle White pepper
Ramen toppings (optional):
- Boiled egg
- Shiitake mushrooms (half a cup sliced)
- Wakame flakes to sprinkke or chopped leaves (hydrate for a minute to soften)
- Nori flakes sprinkle
- Chili sauce
- Cooked bok choy
- In a medium saucepan, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Sauté until fragrant—about 2 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning.
- Add the chili bean paste, miso paste and rice vingegar and stir to combine everything well. Then add the broth, seaweed salt and a sprinkle of white pepper.
- Bring everything to a boil, then lower to a simmer and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, get your Ramen toppings ready! Boil your egg/s, steam or lightly fry bok choy and chop and lightly fry mushrooms.
- Cook noodles as per the instructions on the package, then drain them well and place them into bowls.
- Ladle the broth over the noodles, add your toppings, and delight!