Prep time 30 minutes
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 1 carrot (julienne), 1 cucumber (julienne), 1 capsicum (julienne), 1 apple (julienne)
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 2 eggs (fried)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp power of three or dulse flakes
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- Place all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix and set aside.
- Crack eggs, beat and fry. Cut into thin long slices.
- Julienne apples, carrots, capsicum, and cucumber and set aside in separate piles.
- Pour warm water into a large bowl or 9-inch square or round baking pan. Working with one at a time, dip the rice paper wrapper into the warm water for 15-20 seconds. You want the wrapper to be soft, yet still slightly firm. Immediately remove from the water and place flat onto a work surface ensuring you let the water drip off.
- Layer a few pieces of spinach in the middle of the wrap as if you were making a burrito then add a few sticks of capsicum, carrot, cucumber, egg, and apple. Try not to overstuff the roll. Start small then add more, as needed, as you roll each one.
- Roll everything up tightly. To do so, gently place the top and bottom of the roll over the filling then, place the right-hand side wrap under the filling and roll and use your hands to tuck the filling in as you go.
- After rolling each, place on a serving plate and serve with peanut sauce.