This San Choy Bou Recipe with Nori is an easy, show stopping starter, or can be served as a light lunch or dinner. Adding nori to the meal adds some beautiful umami flavour.
Prep time 30 minutes
- 3 Baby Cos lettuce heads
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2cm ginger (minced)
- 1/3 cup fresh spring onion (chopped)
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 can water chestnuts (chopped)
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp nori seaweed
- 1 tsp chilli seaweed and sesame seasoning
- Wash baby cos lettuce and separate each leaf individually, these will be used as little bowls for the mince.
- Heat frying pan/wok until hot then add vegetable oil, garlic, and ginger and fry for 1 minute. Add the mince and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, water chestnuts, and mirin. Stir-fry for a few more minutes or until it is heated through. Place beansprouts and spring onion in the frying pan for another minute.
- Spoon pork mixture into lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with nori and chilli sesame and seaweed seasoning for extra taste.